PGO'S MENTORING PROGRAM
The purpose of PGO’s Mentoring Program is to provide a forum for experienced professional geoscientists to share their knowledge, insight and experience with student members, Geoscientists-in-Training (GITs) and newly minted P.Geo.’s. It was developed to provide professional development and growth opportunities for both the mentors and the mentees.
• The opportunity to provide an understanding of the importance of professional registration and the public protection mandate of geoscience profession;
• The opportunity to give back and make a difference in a mentee’s endeavour to carve a career in the geoscience field;
• The opportunity to contribute towards the promotion of the geoscience profession among young people; and
• The opportunity to exercise leadership and coaching skills by providing guidance, insights, and opportunities to brainstorm on different ideas and/or to problem-solve.
• The opportunity to learn why geoscience is a regulated profession and how to prepare for geoscience registration;
• The opportunity to learn critical business and soft skills and career guidance from seasoned professionals; and
• The opportunity to avail themselves of important knowledge about the sector and grow their network of professionals in the field.
For an FAQ about PGO’s Mentoring Program, please click on this document. To join PGO’s Mentoring Program as a mentor or a mentee, please contact Marilen Miguel at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416 203-2746 ext. 24.
Must read articles by PGO mentors: